My work is grounded in the belief that we all have the capacity for change and continual growth. No problem is insurmountable, sometimes we just need a little help – and sometimes asking for this help takes the most courage of all. No matter what you are struggling with, my aim as a therapist is to welcome you with warmth and openness and to be by your side as you take on this journey of self-discovery and growth.
I often employ elements of Emotion Focused, Cognitive Behavioural, and Mindfulness therapies.
MY PATH TO COUNSELLING
I have worked with a diverse range of clients, facing a wide range of issues – including providing outreach services to residents of Vancouver's downtown east side, volunteering at Riverview Hospital, facilitating therapy groups for individuals with psychosis, and offering individual therapy and career counselling groups to college students in Montreal.
When I am not working in private practice, I spend as much time as possible exploring the outdoors with one of my foster dogs, travelling to new places, and cooking or baking.
qualifications & training
- Registered Clinical Counsellor #12787 – BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Master of Arts, Counselling Psychology – McGill University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – University of British Columbia
- Crime Victim Assistance Provider
- Suicide Prevention Training
- Meta-Cognitive Group Training for Individuals with Psychosis
- Emotion Focused Therapy Training for Couples